Emily B. Penaskovic
Emily Bolton Penaskovic
Emily Penaskovic is a corporate attorney whose practice encompasses a broad range of transactional, securities and general corporate matters. Emily has experience counseling companies in connection with entity formation, capital raising, mergers and acquisitions, contract negotiations and corporate governance. Emily’s practice also involves all aspects of trademark and copyright protection, as well as intellectual property licensing. During law school, Emily obtained a Certificate in Intellectual Property and interned with the Intellectual Property and Entrepreneurship Law Clinic in Hartford, Connecticut. Prior to joining the firm, Emily was a corporate associate in Boston.
Currently, Emily is on the Board of Directors of the New Hampshire Tech Alliance, and she is the Chair of the Alliance’s Startup Committee. Emily has also served on the Board of Directors of the Manchester Young Professionals Network, and she chaired the New Hampshire Startup Challenge.
Honors and Distinctions:
Best Lawyers of America ® One to Watch: Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships); Corporate Law and Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law; Intellectual Property Law; and Mergers and Acquisitions Law.
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., with honors
- University of New Hampshire, B.A., summa cum laude
Ask the Expert: Collaboration is Key for Entrepreneurs and Organizations that Support Them, Union Leader, October 2, 2018.
- Ask the Expert: Securities Laws Get an Upgrade, Union Leader, Jan. 10, 2016.
- Sweeping Changes Are Improving the Landscape for Entrepreneurs, NH Bar News, Dec. 16, 2015.
- Defining Genuine Use Requirements of Community Trademarks in Light of an Expanding European Union, Connecticut Journal of International Law, Vol. 27 (Spring 2012).
- Ask the Expert: Building a Solid Foundation for a New Company (Even During a Pandemic), Union Leader, May 3, 2020.
- Protecting a Company’s Assets, Trademarks Included, NH Bar News December 19, 2018
- New Hampshire, Ch. VII, in Doing Business in States Other Than The State of Incorporation (Minnesota through Wyoming), No 85 Corporate Practice Portfolio Series (BNA 2018).
- New Hampshire
Professional and Civic Affiliations
- New Hampshire Tech Alliance, Board of Directors
- New Hampshire Tech Alliance, Startup Committee, Chair
- American Bar Association
- Manchester Young Professionals Network, Board of Directors, Secretary
- New Hampshire Startup Challenge, Chair
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Leadership Greater Manchester, Class of 2014