Jen Moeckel devotes her practice exclusively to assisting employers in complying with legal requirements during all phases of the employment relationship and defending employers in discrimination and other claims pending before state and federal agencies.
Jen has more than 20 years experience assisting employers with issues including:
- Hiring and background checks
- Non-compete and non-disclosure agreements
- Wage and hour laws and payroll compliance
- Employee handbooks and policies
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Safety and workplace violence
- Managing leaves of absence and requests for reasonable accommodation
- Performance management and best practices
- Preventing and correcting harassment, discrimination, and retaliation
- Corrective/disciplinary action, employee misconduct, and termination
- Layoffs/reductions in force
- Severance agreements
- Personnel files and recordkeeping
Jen provides in-house training for employers on issues including harassment prevention and managing within the law. Jen also conducts workplace investigations and defends employers before the New Hampshire Commission for Human Rights, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and state and federal Departments of Labor. Jen frequently presents on employment law topics for business, industry, and employer groups.